Founded in 2003, our mission is to raise awareness for international human rights, children’s advocacy, environmental preservation, and the humane treatment of animals through film and action. More than just a film festival, we guide the public “From Awareness to Positive Action” by connecting our audiences to more than 100 Organizations, where they can actively participate in positive change.
Since 2003 the Artivist Film Festival has:
- Produced film festivals in 5 countries: USA, UK, JAPAN, PORTUGAL, and MEXICO.
- Screened 400+ international films representing over 60 countries to 35,000+ attendees.
- Reached more than 50 million people and has been featured in 150+ newspapers, magazines, and blogs.
- Collaborated with more than 100 NGOs (including UNICEF, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Global Green, Humane Society of the United States, PETA, Care, Witness, Save the Children, ONE, Rock the Vote, and more).
- Honored various celebrities and prominent community leaders:
Peter Fonda, Ted Danson, Maria Bello, Mira Sorvino, Joaquin Phoenix, Alyssa Milano, Ed Begley, James Cromwell, Olivia Wilde, Mathew Mcconaughey, Kristen Bell, Claes Nobel Of The Nobel Prize Family, And More.
- Films Premiered at the Artivist Film Festival have received international acclaim such as ACADEMY AWARD winner “Born Into Brothels”, ACADEMY AWARD Nominees “Super-Size Me” and “God Sleeps in Rwanda”, and the Premieres of “Fast Food Nation”, “Emmanuelle’s Gift”, “Zeitgeist”, “Trudell“, “Stolen Childhoods”, “ReGeneration”, “Minds in the Water”, “Earthlings”, “Amazon Gold”, and more.